Hi, lovelies! It’s been a really long while since I cooked something up for you. Well, today I have a hearty, healthy, warming Veggie Soup recipe for you. It’s still winter here in Greece and some nights it gets really cold. So I love having an easy soup recipe that I can literally prep and leave on the stove until I’m ready for dinner. This soup is one of those and great for those much needed meat-free days. Let’s get into it, shall we…
Hearty Veggie Soup
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Celeriac Bulb
- 3 Medium Carrots
- 2 Medium Red Onions
- 3 Large Sticks Celery
- 3 Large Leeks
- 2 Large Handfuls Baby Spinach
- 1 Tin Black-Eyed Beans (drained)
- 1L Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- Freshly Dried Origanum
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Start by chopping the potatoes, celeriac and carrots into similar sized cubes.
- Saute the potatoes, celeriac and carrots in some olive oil on low heat in a large pot.
- While those are sauteeing dice the onion, celery and leeks.
- Now add these to the pot, and saute gently for a few minutes.
- Add your stock and seasoning to the post. Bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, add the beans and turn down the heat, allow to simmer.
- Add the spinach.
- Simmer for around 45-60 mins or until the potatoes and carrots are tender.
Once the vegetables are tender your soup is ready! Serve warm with fresh baked bread. Hope you enjoy it.
P.S: Check out my COOK feature for more yummy recipes.