Is it just me or does January always feel like the “take action, get stuff done” month? I always feel super motivated at the beginning of the year. And strangely enough I kinda enjoy getting back to work after the December break. This year though I don’t have an office to go back to per say. Moving to Naxos has meant going remote. Which I love but right now I don’t have a designated office space. Obviously creating an office is one of the many many things I’d like to achieve off my long January to do list. When I saw this amazing aerial photograph by Bernhard Lang I just fell in love with the colour palette. So I thought I’d use it to pull inspiration for my future office space. Here’s how you can get the look…
- A work day does not start for me unless I have had my morning coffee. This mug from H&M Home is so quirky and I love the colour. Perfect for my morning brew!
- What is an office space without a desk?! I’m currently crushing on this one from IKEA.
- I find working much more enjoyable when I have some essential oils or a scented candle burning. And I really like the look of this one from H&M Home.
- A good pen is a must. This fountain pen in rose gold from Lamy is just stunning. I have the Lamy AL-Star and I love it!
- A proper office chair is so important but I still want it to be elegant and neutral so this one from IKEA is perfect.
- This jar with lid from H&M Home is a perfect hold all for all the tiny office supplies like paper clips and pins.
- I love the idea of using this super cute basket from H&M Home as a waste paper basket.
- We all need somewhere to store that paperwork marked “to action”. And these paper drawers from The Container Store would be the prettiest place to hide all that paperwork clutter.
- A designated place to write to-dos and appointments is also a must for me. This leather personal planner from Kikki K is stunning and customisable. Plus the store has some super adorable refills and planner stickers.
- And lastly plants (*insert heart eye emoji here)! I found these 2 all over on The Sill (Echeveria, Peperomia). But you could visit your local nursery.
P.S: If you want to see more decor ideas check out some of my previous INSPIRE posts here.