Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links, I might make a commission from my recommendations.
Hi, lovelies! Have you heard of domino papers before? Well, here’s a little low down via Cooper Hewitt.
“Domino papers were printed on single sheets of paper by the guild of Dominotiers in France during the 18th century. The original intent of domino papers was for lining trunks and chests of drawers, and they were also used as bookend pages. But people saw the decorative aspect of the designs and began pasting them to their walls as they were less expensive and more available than other forms of decoration. These were printed by woodblock with the colour accents painted on using stencils.”
I stumbled across this lovely example on Pinterest and fell in love with the combination of terracotta and turquoise, so I decided to use it as inspiration for some terrace decor.
- This parasol from NotOnTheHighStreet is such a great way to add colour and whimsy to your outdoor space.
- I have been a fan of these beautiful windchimes by Pigeon Toe for a long time and I love this colour combination.
- This beehive diffuser by Anthropologie is great for burning citronella to keep those pesky mosquitoes away.
- This outdoor rattan sofa by IKEA is just so beautiful, I love the shape.
- I love the more modern shape of these terracotta pots by IKEA (large, small)
- This side table by Anthropologie is so unique and I love the pattern.
- This rattan tray by H&M Home is a great way to add extra texture to your space.
- I love these pillows by West Elm and they match the colours of the inspiration image so perfectly.
- The simplicity of this coffee table by IKEA is so lovely and the fact it has a mesh top means its great for being out in rainy weather.
I absolutely love, love, love the rattan sofa! Which is your favourite piece?
P.S: For more home decor inspiration check out my past INSPIRE posts.